We need your help to keep the KWE online. This website runs on outdated technology. We need to migrate this website to a modern platform, which also will be easier to navigate and maintain. If you value this resource and want to honor our veterans by keeping their stories online in the future, please donate now. For more information, click here.

Public Service Announcements


Class Act is Col George "Bud" Day's nickname for the lawsuit filed to restore broken health care promises to military retirees. The suit seeks a refund of Medicare Part B premiums and a return to full, no cost health care. Monetary claims (refunds) are restricted to a maximum of $10,000.00 per plaintiff. The lawsuit was filed in December 1996 with the Secretary of Defense as defendant. The case currently resides in the United States Supreme Court awaiting action.


Based on the appellate court order of 08 Feb 2001, primary participation in the Class is limited, at this time, to military retirees (widows/widowers may file on behalf of a deceased spouse) who meet the following criteria:

  • Voluntarily retired with credit for 20 or more years of Active Duty.
  • Entered on Active Duty before December 7, 1956.
  • Be age 65 or older, currently paying for Medicare Insurance Part B or have paid in the past.

How to join the Class:

  1. Submit a copy of your final retirement DD Form 214, which you received at retirement, to confirm service, date of birth, etc.
  2. Submit a copy of the wallet size Red/White/Blue Medicare Part B Health Insurance card or other verification from Social Security of having paid for Medicare Part B.
  3. Include a signed request for Col. Day to represent you. (Handwritten acceptable)
  4. Officers are required to submit a $100.00 non-refundable contribution to the War Chest to support the ongoing fight. Make checks payable to George E. Day Sr. Trust Account. If you are enlisted we ask $50.00 but if you cannot afford a contribution, send your documentation and Col Day will act on your behalf. After settlement of the lawsuit, Col. Day will receive 10% of each client’s recovery for his services, which has already covered over six years.
  5. To save time and expense, you may print a copy of the Representation Agreement, found at the link below. Please complete, sign, and send it along. If not, you will be sent an agreement after criteria verification of the DD-214 you send. Send all documents to: Class Act III, 32 Beal Parkway SW, Ft.Walton Beach, FL 32548-5391.

Representation Agreement

The Federal Court requires additional documentation to account for the Navy/Marine "constructive time". If your DD Form 214 shows less than 19 years, 6 months and 1 day of Active Duty, send a copy (both sides please) of your Fleet Reserve Certificate (FRC) which should show at least 20 years on the front (lower) left. The FRC has a picture of a Sailing Vessel on the front and is NOT part of your Permanent Records. The final option is a copy of your Fleet Reserve Transfer Authorization that is available at the National Personnel Records Center. (Address below)

A Widow or widower whose spouse was 65 or over at time of death and met all the criteria listed above may file on behalf of the deceased spouse. He or she must submit the same documentation plus a copy of the death certificate.

Reserve Retirees: Those who were on Active Duty before December 7, 1956 and then joined/completed a career in the Reserve or Guard may be eligible under this lawsuit or have to seek separate relief. If you want to take your chance with us, send a copy of your DD-214 verifying Active Duty service completed before December 7, 1956 and a copy of your Reserve/Guard Retirement order. (If you need a copy of your retirement order/DD-214, call 1-800-827-1000).

Active Duty Retirees: to request official documents: If you need to obtain military documents (DD214, Fleet Reserve Transfer Authorization, etc) provide as much information as possible - Full name, Service number, SSAN, rank, date of retirement, etc. and send it to the address below or fax to 314-801-9195. You may also call 314-801-0800, option 2 for guidance. You can also request documents from NPRC Web site or by writing to:

National Personnel Records Center (NPRC)
Military Records
9700 Page Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100.

Remember, what you want is a copy of your retirement DD Form 214.
NOTE: You can read more detailed information and updates at link Class Act Updates.
web site: www.classact-lawsuit.com
Date: 12 May 2003

Class Act Group's email address: lawsuit@classact-lawsuit.com
Go to their web www.classact-lawsuit.com and sign up for automatic email updates of Class Act decisions/events. Call 1-800-972-6275 for information.

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceived veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by our nation" George Washington.

FT WALTON BEACH, FL 32548-5391


50th Anniversary of the Korean War Commemoration


The Oklahoma Military Department (OMD) in conjunction with efforts at the National level is continuing the process to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Korean War. There is also an ongoing effort to identify each Korean War Veteran in Oklahoma who served in any of the branches of the armed services or those out of state Veterans who served with the 45th Infantry Division during the Korean War. To assist in identifying all Korean War Veterans, it is requested that all living Korean War Veterans complete the Korean War 50th Anniversary Commemoration Veteran’s Enrollment Form (see attached) and forward as requested. It is also extremely important that the deceased veterans of the Korea War be honored, and family or friends of those deceased veterans are encouraged to send the requested information to the Oklahoma Military Department. All of the names of veterans and of those who submitted veteran’s names will be entered into a database so they can be contacted and informed of special events or activities. Several Veterans Associations across the state conduct special activities as a part of their recognition of Korean War Veterans during the commemorative period and contact with those associations will provide a specific schedule of their planned events. The commemoration and recognition of Korean War Veterans is a National effort with the theme "Freedom is Not Free." The Commemorative period officially started in June of 2000 and will run until November 2003. Over 600 Oklahomans died during the Korean War and thousands of others served, many of which were wounded during combat action.

The sacrifices by these brave men and their families during the Korean War were felt in every community across our state. With this in mind, every community is encouraged to develop events or activities that recognize our Korean War Veterans. The "Thunderbirds " of the 45th Infantry Division, Oklahoma Army National Guard were federalized on 1 September 1950 and did not return home until April of 1954.

Numerous states provided soldiers to fill the ranks of the "Thunderbirds" and the Oklahoma legacy in Korea touches citizens of every state in the United States. Any organization desiring additional information on commemorative planning activities should contact Gary Jackson via e-mail or the Oklahoma Military Department:

Oklahoma Military Department
ATTN: Korean War Commemoration Committee
3501 Military Circle
Oklahoma City, OK 73111-4398

Print and mail the form below:

Korean War 50th Anniversary Commemoration Veteran's Enrollment Form

You need the latest version of Acrobat Reader to be able to read the pdf listed above.


Your donation helps to
keep this web site FREE.

| Contact | What's New | About Us | Korean War Topics | Support | Links | Memoirs | Buddy Search |

2002-2016 Korean War Educator. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use of material is prohibited.

Hit Counter