Death Notices submitted to KWE
Names Starting with "J"

Close this window

Jabara, James

James "Jabby" Jabara (October 10, 1923 – November 17, 1966) was the second-highest-scoring U.S. ace of the Korean War. He was the first American jet ace in history. Jabara is credited with 15 victories over MiG-15 jets in Korea, one below the tally of Joseph C. McConnell, although Jabara’s 1.5 victories in World War II bring his career total to 16.5 victories.

Jabara was born in Muskogee, Oklahoma. He was of Lebanese American descent; his parents came from Marjayoun, Lebanon. He graduated from Wichita North High School in Wichita, Kansas, in May 1942. At five feet, five inches tall,[1] he was short for a potential fighter pilot (and reportedly required to wear corrective eyewear) but this did not prevent him from immediately enlisting as an Aviation Cadet at Fort Riley, Kansas. After attending four flying schools in Texas, he received his pilot’s wings and a commission as Second Lieutenant in October 1943, at Moore Field, Texas.

During World War II, Jabara flew two tours of combat duty in Europe as a P-51 Mustang pilot, the first with the 363rd Fighter Group of the Ninth Air Force from January to October 1944, and the second with the 355th Group of the Eighth Air Force from February to December 1945. During his European combat, and known then as “the Ceegar Kid,” (for his penchant to smoke cigars) he flew 108 combat missions and was credited with the destruction of one-and-a-half enemy planes in aerial combat and four on the ground.

After World War II, Jabara attended the Tactical Air School at Tyndall Air Force Base, Florida, and from 1947 to 1949 was stationed on Okinawa with the 53rd Fighter Group. Jabara returned to the United States and was assigned as a flight commander, now at the rank of captain, with the 4th Fighter-Interceptor Wing, flying the newly operational F-86 Sabre jet fighter at the New Castle (Delaware) County Airport.

Jabara arrived in Korea on December 13, 1950 with the 4th Fighter-Interceptor Wing, which was the first F-86 unit deployed to the Fifth Air Force to counter the threat by the Soviet MiG-15. By January 2, 1951, he had flown five combat missions in F-86s and had damaged one MiG-15 enemy jet fighter in air combat. The F-86 Sabre Jet achieved a 10-to-1 kill ratio against the MiG-15 during the Korean War.

He achieved his first confirmed "kill" on April 3, 1951. He scored another on April 10, a third on April 12, a fourth on April 22 and his fifth and sixth on May 20, making him the first American jet ace in history. All his victories were against MiG-15s. The May 20 mission was his sixty-third Korean mission of an eventual 163; he was to have two other days when he was to down two planes and would become a triple ace. He won a Distinguished Service Cross for his heroics that day (the nation’s second highest decoration), but he would later add a silver star and oak leaf cluster to that for repeat performances. Against his wishes, he received a stateside leave for a publicity tour. The family Jabara grocery store on Murdock Street in Wichita was thronged with people for days and both he and his father John Jabara would appear on local and national radio and television. Wichita would mount one of its most-attended parades in the city’s history. Jabara was even sent on a good-will tour of his father’s homeland and gave a speech in his father’s hometown of Marjayoun. Films of his plane in Korea were on every movie newsreel, and he had offers to spend a week in Hollywood and a week in South America all expenses paid. The Cigar Institute of America sent him a case of cigars and his wife Nina received promotional packages with cigarette lighters and perfume. Other accolades at the time were a song (“That Jabara Bird”) and a ritual rewarding of his Distinguished Service Cross at a baseball game in Boston.

Jabara returned to the United States in May, 1951, for temporary assignment to Air Force Headquarters, Washington, D.C. and two months later was transferred to the Air Training Command at Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. Upon his request, he returned for another tour of duty overseas, arriving in Korea in January 1953. Now a major, on his second tour, he shot down nine more MiGs for a total of 15.

Jabara returned to the United States in July 1953 and was assigned to Headquarters of the 32nd Air Division, Syracuse, New York. He then assumed command of the 337th Fighter Interceptor Squadron, Westover Air Force Base, Massachusetts.

By 1966, Jabara had risen to the rank of Colonel (the youngest at that rank at the time) and was to command the 31st Tactical Fighter Wing at Homestead AFB, Florida. Jabara was widely rumored to be on the brink of promotion to General when he and his teenage daughter Carol Anne died in a car accident in Florida on November 17, 1966, just as he was preparing to deploy the 31st Wing for his first tour in the Vietnam War.

The Jabara family were in two cars that day on their way to a new home in South Carolina where his wife Nina and their children, James Jr., Carol Anne, Jeanne and Cathy would wait out Jabara’s planned combat tour of Viet Nam. Carol Anne was driving a Volkswagen with her father as a passenger in Delray Beach, Florida. She lost control of the car going through a construction zone and it rolled several times. James Jabara was pronounced dead on arrival at the Delray hospital and Carol Anne died two days later. The two were buried together in a single grave at Arlington National Cemetery.

The Colonel James Jabara Airport outside of Wichita, Kansas, was named after him. Each year, the United States Air Force Academy alumni association awards the Jabara Award, named after Colonel Jabara, to the Academy graduate whose accomplishments demonstrate superior performance in fields directly involved with aerospace vehicles.

During World War II, Colonel Jabara was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross with one Oak Leaf Cluster and the Air Medal with 18 Oak Leaf Clusters. While in Korea, he received the Distinguished Service Cross with one Oak Leaf Cluster and an Oak leaf Cluster to the Distinguished Flying Cross.

Jackson, John (Ross)

John (Ross) Jackson of San Jose died peacefully on May 13, 2023, surrounded by his wife, children, and grandchildren. He was 94, and though his body gave way beneath him, his mind stayed sharp to the very end.

He is survived by Marilyn, his wife of 50 years, his children Ann O'Kane (Sean), David Jackson, Carol Bierach (Jeff), Janet Jackson, Tom Jackson (Gale), and Nathan Jackson (Ariane), nine grandchildren, five great grandchildren, sister Mary and brothers Stephen, Robert, and Alan.

Born in San Francisco in 1929 to Isabel Ross and William Fulton Jackson, he was the second of seven children. He was raised in Wenatchee and Leavenworth, Washington, and graduated from Central Washington College of Education in 1950. His teaching career, which started at Sacajawea School in Richland, Washington, was interrupted by a three-year stint in the army. A proud Korean War veteran, Ross served as a specialist in communication intelligence with the U.S. Army in Korea.

He arrived in San Jose in 1956 and began teaching (and taught for the rest of his 41-year career) in the Franklin-McKinley School District. Ross will be remembered as a gifted teacher by the countless number of students he inspired. He was once called, "a complete teacher" because of his skill, his love of his students, and his leadership. He gave countless hours to FMEA, his professional organization. A respected teacher advocate, Ross believed that what he contributed on their behalf was ultimately related to the good of his students.

After retiring in 1994, Ross was a volunteer docent at de Saisset Museum at Santa Clara University for twelve years, taught English through the San Jose Public Library ESL program, played countless rounds of golf at Sunken Gardens, listened to his favorite music, learned to use his iPad and iPhone to connect to the world, old friends and former students, and to play Words with Friends. He never missed the NPR Sunday puzzle.

Ross will always be remembered for his steadfast devotion to family and friends.He was proud of his six children, and of the fine adults they each became, and was happiest when he was with them and their families. In 2021 Ross wrote a memoir entitled "My Ship Came In." In it he described some of the roles he played over the course of his life. He wrote: "Father, husband, teacher…what else? Soldier, student, son, brother, cousin, uncle, grandpa, great-grandpa, in-law, colleague, apple-picker, carpenter's helper, almond counter, pollen gatherer, warehouse worker, bad golfer, recreational skier, avid bridge player, writer, drip castle builder, bad poet, book collector, jazz lover, pie maker, puzzle solver, tire salesman, hitch-hiker, poetry memorizer, and dreamer."

Ross will be buried in a private family ceremony at Madronia Cemetery in Saratoga. A Celebration of Life is planned for later this summer. The family asks that donations in his name be made to the Second Harvest Food Bank.

Published by Mercury News from May 26 to May 28, 2023.

Jacoby, Maclear "Mac"

Maclear Jacoby, Jr. passed away Saturday evening, April 11, 2020, after a short illness. He was 93 and died of the coronavirus. A loyal and active alumnus of Holderness School (New Hampshire) and Trinity College (Hartford, CT), Mac served his country in the Navy during WW II and in the Air Force during the Korean War. As a member of the Air Force Reserves, he rose to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. He joined St. Francis Episcopal Church (Potomac) in the late 1950's and was the church's longest-serving parishioner. A remarkable professional career as a teacher, coach, and administrator with Landon School (Bethesda) spanned seven decades, and he was still "lending a hand" in the school's athletic department until the time of his death. He was a mentor for countless students for whom his friendliness, kindness, enthusiasm, and humor provided life-long guidelines. As the school's tennis coach for more than 40 years, he guided his teams to dozens of league titles and to several national titles as well, even as his players came to understand that sportsmanship was more important than championships. In the Landon community Mac was not just respected and well-regarded. He was revered! Three close members of Mac's family are predeceased: two first cousins, Eve Thew and Margie Mark, both of Norfolk, CT, and Stephen Mark, a second cousin, of Redding, Connecticut. Surviving members include Eve's husband John and five second cousins: Robert Thew, of Tewksbury, MA; Ann Thew, of Norfolk, Connecticut; John Mark, also of Norfolk; Katie Mark, of Washington, DC; and William Mark, of Tucson, Aziona. Memorial services will be scheduled when appropriate. Contributions in Mac's memory may be made to St. Francis Episcopal Church in Potomac, MD or to Landon School in Bethesda, Maryland.

Jamison, Robert Lloyd

1st Sgt (Retired) Robert Lloyd Jamison, 87, of Lawton, Oklahoma, formerly of Cantril, died Monday, October 7, 2013, in Lawton. Graveside services and burial of cremains was in Maple Grove Cemetery in Cantril.

Mr. Jamison was born March 20, 1926, in Keosauqua the son of Ralph Lloyd and Helen Weyer Jamison. He married Irene McIntosh March 23, 1949, in Keosauqua. He grew up in Cantril and graduated from Cantril High School in 1944.

He was drafted into the United States Army August 12, 1944, and later enlisted on November 29, 1949. He served in World War II, the Korean War and Vietnam War. He received many awards, including the Bronze Star with Oak Leaf Cluster, Army Commendation Medal, Good Conduct Medal - fifth award, American Campaign Medal, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign with one Bronze Battle Star Medal, World War II Victory Medal; World War II Occupation Japan Medal, National Defense with Oak Leaf Cluster, Korean Service Medal with Silver Battle Star, Vietnam Service Medal with four Bronze Battle Stars, United Nations Service Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster, Vietnam Campaign Medal, Korean War Service Medal, Korean Defense Service Medal and Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation. While serving in Korea, he survived the Chosin Reservoir Campaign. He retired from the military September 1, 1969, at Fort Sill, Oklahoma.

He received his bachelor's degree in business from Cameron University and began working for the city of Lawton in the engineering department where he worked for 12 years. After his retirement in 1990, he and his wife became full time RV'ers for 17 years.

He was a member of the Lawton Heights United Methodist Church, the Chosin Few, Korean War Vets, VFW Post No. 1193 and American Legion Post 29. He enjoyed fishing and his beloved dogs.

Survivors include his wife; one daughter, Deborah Reed and spouse Donny of Denton, Texas; one son Robert Jamison and spouse Linda of Lawton; one brother, Harold Jamison of Birmingham; one sister, Vivian Rinaberger of Indianola; one stepsister, Marsha McLeland of Danville; four grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.

He was preceded in death by his parents and stepmother, Willa Jamison; and one brother, Craig Jamison.

Janes, Harold N.

Harold Noble James, 81, of Thomson, IL, died Friday, March 23, 2012, at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, IA, after a month-long battle with pneumonia and complications of COPD.

Harold was born March 14, 1931, in rural Freedom Township, Carroll County, IL, the son of Florence Mae Noble and Floyd Treloar James. He attended Savanna, IL area schools. Harold married Kathryn Meda Poorman September 29, 1951 in Thomson, IL.

On November 20, 1951, Harold was drafted into the United States Army serving in the Korean War guarding North Korean POWs until his separation on October 28, 1953, where he earned the Korean Service Medal with 3 Bronze Service Stars, the United Nations Service Medal, the National Defense Service Medal, the Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation, and the Republic of Korea Korean War Service Medal.

Harold was a Life Member of the Donald J. Ashpole American Legion Post 1025, Thomson, and a Member of Lions International Club 281 of Thomson and of The Loyal Order of the Moose Chapter 718, Savanna. He drove long haul trucks for Handel Bros. Trucking of Chadwick, IL; hauled canned and bulk milk with his wife from local dairy farmers to dairies located in Argo Fay and Chadwick; farmed 261 acres in rural Thomson; co-owned with Katy and his son, Wayne, James Automotive and Café, Thomson; and bought and sold cattle until he retired in 2007. Harold loved to dance with his wife, Katy, watch the RFD channel; play the harmonica and euchre. Harold possessed a great sense of humor and brought fun and enjoyment to everything in which he participated.

Harold is survived by one daughter, Mazie (Bruce) Angus of Coal Valley, IL; three sons, H.W. “Bill” (Sherry) James of Fulton, Wayne F. (Ronda) James of Sabula, IA, and Gary A. (Barb Dickau) James of Fulton; four brothers Gerald “Jerry” (Pat) James of Lanark, IL, Floyd “Jesse” (Linda) James of Savanna, Clifton (Rita) James of Mount Vernon, IA, and Terry (Ruth) James of Savanna; eight grandchildren; eighteen great-grandchildren; numerous nieces and nephews; three brothers-in-law, William (Virginia) Haas of Fulton, Robert Poorman Haas of New Orleans, LA, James (Sue) Poorman Haas of Loganville, WI; and his significant other, Beneta Folk, Thomson.

Harold is preceded in death by his wife, Kathryn M. James; his parents; three brothers-in-law, Glen Poorman, Herbert Poorman, John “Jack” Poorman Haas; three sisters-in-law, Jennie Kness, Helen Michaletti, and Anne Tamling; and one great-grandson, Austin Watkins.

Private Family Interment: Lower York Cemetery – Thomson, IL.

Jaska, Wesley Frank

Wesley Frank Jaska, 78, of Barstow, born November 25, 1930, passed away Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at his home. Services were held on Monday, March 2, 2009 at 10:30 a.m. at Mead Mortuary. Burial was at Riverside National Cemetery, Riverside, California.

Wes was born in Ennis, Texas, to Joe and Annie Jaska. He was the fifth of eight children. Wes was employed as a firefighter at the Marine Corps Logistics Base, Barstow, and retired as a House Captain after 31 years. He also served as a volunteer Assistant Chief for the Barstow Fire District for 20 years and was instrumental in forming the volunteer firefighters at Station 4 in Lenwood. He was a member of the California State Firefighters Association.

Jaska served in the Marine Corps from 1948 to 1952, receiving an honorable discharge after serving in Korea. He was a member of G-3-5, 1st Provisional Marine Brigade, in the Pusan Perimeter, and was wounded in Korea on August 24, 1950 and evacuated. He was the recipient of the Purple Heart.

Wes was known for being a caring and giving individual who was always willing to help those in need, as well as for being a prankster with a great sense of humor.

Jaska is survived by his wife of 56 years, Carol, of Barstow; daughter Karen Welsh of Hesperia and son Wesley Jaska of Apple Valley; grandchildren, John Welsh of Modesto, Daniel Welsh of Hesperia, Nicholas Jaska of Stockton, and Samantha Jaska of Apple Valley; great-grandchildren, Alissa Welsh and Daniel Welsh of Hesperia; sisters, Annie Juricek, Bessie Johnson, Mary Jakubik, Rosalie Chapman, and Margie Macalik, all of Texas; and niece Betty Slovacik of Texas.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to the Visiting Nurses Association of the Inland Counties, 222 E. Main, Barstow.

Jaunal, Sgt. Major Jack William

Sgt. Major Jack William Jaunal
(Click picture for a larger view)

Sergeant Major Jack William Jaunal (USMC Ret.) was born 2 August 1927 in Los Angeles, California and passed away on Easter Sunday, 8 April 2012. He was a veteran of three wars and over thirty-three years of military service. He enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps in July 1952 after seven years of U.S. Army service.

During World War II, 1944-1945, he served as a seaman in the U.S. Maritime Service. In 1945, he volunteered for the U.S. Army and served in the infantry. During the war in Korea, in which he was wounded, he participated in seven campaigns, which included temporary duty with the British 29th Brigade and the First Marine Division.

His varied career as a Marine included duty as a communicator, artillery gunnery sergeant, reconnaissance man, recruiter, a tour with the air wing, and as a monitor at two atomic tests in Nevada. He was promoted to Sergeant Major on 1 April 1968 while serving in Vietnam with the First Marine Division. His service in Vietnam included the Communist Tet Offensive, Operations Auburn and Meade River, the battle at Cam Le, and one long range reconnaissance patrol. Vietnam provided the basis for his book, Vietnam '68 Jack's Journal, published in 1989. When retired on 1 May 1978 he was Sergeant Major of the Fleet Marine Force, Atlantic.

After retirement, he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree cum laude in history from Pacific Lutheran University (Tacoma, Washington) in 1983 and a Master of Arts degree in American history from the University of Washington (Seattle) in 1985. His thesis, The U.S. Marines in the China Relief Expedition, 1900 was published in 1986. At the time of his death, he was a college history instructor.

He was married to the former Elizabeth M. Davidson (deceased) of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. They are survived by two sons, Garry and Brian; eight granddaughters and two grandsons; three great-grandsons and two great-granddaughters.

His military awards included a Purple Heart Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Navy Commendation Medal with Combat "V", Combat Action Ribbon, Navy Presidential Unit Citation with two stars, Navy Unit Commendation, Navy Meritorious Unit Citation, Army Meritorious Unit Citation with Oak Leaf cluster, Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal with seven stars, Army Good Conduct Medal, World War II Victory Medal, Army of Occupation Medal with Japan clasp, National Defense Service Medal with star, Korean Campaign Medal with seven stars, Vietnam Campaign Medal with five stars, Merchant Marine World War II Victory Medal, Bravery Gold Medal of Greece, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, Vietnam Meritorious Unit Citation Cross of Gallantry with Palm, Vietnam Meritorious Unit Citation Civil Action Colors with Palm, United Nations Medal, Vietnam Campaign Medal, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal.

Memorial service 3:00 p.m. Friday, April 13, 2012 at Bonney-Watson Federal Way, 1535 SW Dash Point Road. A military memorial will be held at a later date during the summer at Tahoma National Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made in Sgt. Major Jaunal's memory to: Marine Corps Heritage Foundation (

Published in The Seattle Times from April 12 to April 13, 2012 .

Jensen, Bruce

Bruce Jensen was born February 14, 1931 in Hawarden, Iowa, to parents Walter and Bonnie (Akin) Jensen. He died March 28, 2008 at Morningside Care Center in Alcester, South Dakota at the age of 77 years, 1 month and 14 days.

Bruce attended rural schools in Union County and graduated from Alcester High School in 1949. He served in the United States Coast Guard from 1951 to 1954, during the Korean War. Bruce returned to Alcester and began working for Farmers Union. He married Joyce Skinner on June 20, 1958. The couple purchased Anderson Garage and operated it until 1972. Bruce bought and operated Jensen Oil with his brother Squirt, while farming, milking cows, agriculture custom work, and carpentry until his retirement in 1993. After retiring, he did snow blowing for different organizations and hauled for Sioux Fertilizer.

Bruce was a lifelong member of the United Church of Christ in Alcester. He served on the Alcester Fire Department for 33 years and was an active member of Alcester Veterans of Foreign War Post 6149, serving in many different capacities. Bruce enjoyed woodworking, traveling, being outdoors, and working in his yard and around his house. His greatest joy in life was spending time with his family.

He was preceded in death by his parents, sister LueAnne Miner and brother Gorden Jensen.

His survivors include his wife Joyce, Alcester; children: Debra Jensen, Alcester, Glenn Jensen, Vermillion, Judy Whitehead and husband John, Lancaster, CA, Mildred Klopstad and husband Greg, Yankton, Patricia Williams and husband Matthew, Merrill, IA and Walter Jensen and wife Rebecca, Tyndall, SD; 12 grandchildren: Melissa Jensen, Jacob Jensen, Ashley Klopstad, Laura McBride and husband Andrew, Dennis Jensen, Amy Klopstad, Alice Klopstad, Monique Williams, Anthony Rux, Cory Rux, Forest Jensen, and Jesse Jensen; two great grandchildren: Corban and Zaine McBride; brother Hugh Jensen, Alcester; and many nieces, nephews, relatives and friends.

Memorial services will be held at 2:00PM, Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at the United Church of Christ in Alcester. Visitation will be Monday from 6:30PM to 8PM at the church with a prayer service at 7:00PM.

Jensen, Bruce ElRoy

Bruce ElRoy Jensen, 78, former resident of Utah, passed away August 12, 1998 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Born March 31, 1920 in Fountain Green, Utah to John Clarence and Lila Marshall Jensen. He married Hazel Dean who preceded him in death. Bruce served his country in the U. S. Navy during World War II and the Korean War

Survivors: son, Jeff Jensen (Grace), Torrance, California; grandson, Nathaniel E. Jensen; sisters, Liz Zollinger (Max), Pleasant Grove, Utah; Sally Turner, Kearns, Utah; Jane Kay, Oregon; also nieces and nephews. Preceded in death by sisters, Malorie Cook and Shanna Dorrance.

Funeral services will be held Monday, August 17, 1998 at 11 a.m. in the Goff Mortuary 8090 So. State where friends may call one hour prior to services. Interment, Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.

Jensen, Bruce Henry

Memorial services for Bruce Henry Jensen, 80, who died June 3, 1998 at Veterans' Administration Medical Center in Alexandria, Louisiana, will be held at 7 p.m. June 4 at First United Methodist Church in Mansfield. Reverend Leland Wade will officiate, assisted by Reverend James Flowers, Rector of Christ Memorial Episcopal.

Commander Jensen, son of Martin and Marjorie Miller Jensen, was born on July 28, 1917, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and reared in Saratoga Springs, New York. He received his officer training at the Coast Guard Academy, New London, Connecticut, and earned his bachelor's degree from LSU, and his master's from Western Reserve in Cleveland.

He served in World War II, Korea, and Vietnam before retiring in 1964, then moved with his family to Mansfield, where he resided until his death. In Desoto Parish, Louisiana, he pursued further careers in teaching and social work. He dedicatedly served the American Legion and the 40&8, and was active in the Methodist Church.  He was a life member of American Legion Cedar Grove Post No. 6.

Bruce is survived by his wife of 50 years, Virginia Heard Jensen; three daughters and sons-in-law, Karen and Barry Musgrove of Bossier City; Katherine and Joe Field of Lincoln, NE; Elizabeth and Jim Daws of Atlanta; six grandchildren, Matthew Musgrove, Anne Musgrove; Holley Field, Jake Field, Summer Daws, and Shelby Daws; one great-grandson, Andrew Musgrove; and one sister, Norma Genne of Minneapolis.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in memory of Cdr. Bruce H. Jensen to LSU Alumni Foundation, 3838 West Lakeshore Dr., Baton Rouge, LA 70808 or to Disabled American Veterans, Department of Louisiana, 1885 Wooddale Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70806.

Jette, Ronald J.B. Sr.

Ronald J.B. Jette, Sr., 79, of 10 Sampson St., Spencer, died suddenly Monday, April 2, 2012 at his home.

He leaves his wife of 59 years, Janet E. (Gauthier) Jette, a son, R. John Jette, Jr. and his wife Anne of Spencer and a daughter, Cynthia P. Obrzut and her husband James of Warren, four brothers; George, Roger, Emile and Richard Jette, four grandchildren; Michael and Carolyn Jette, Jesse Fusco and Billie Jean Moberg, and five great grandchildren, nieces and nephews. He is predeceased by several brothers and sisters.

Ron was a meat cutter and meat department manager for Hodes Markets in Worcester County before retiring in 1994.  Born in Spencer, he was the son of George and Mary (Dragon) Jette and later served his country with the US Navy during the Korean War.

He was a member of Mary, Queen of the Rosary Parish, the Gaudette-Kirk Post 138 American Legion and was a Sealer of Weights Measures for the Town of Spencer for 20 years. At one time he served as an EMT for the Spencer Rescue Emergency Squad for eight years. An avid camper, he was Past President of the Bay Path Chapter of the N.A.F.C.A. Ron was a member of the Knights of Columbus Council 4528 in Leicester and the Fourth Degree and Faithful Navigator with the John Cardinal Wright Assembly in Worcester.

He enjoyed spending time with his family, especially camping with his wife and most recently a long awaited trip to Florida in January.

The funeral will be held on Wednesday, April 4 from the J. Henri Morin Son Funeral Home, 23 Maple Terr., Spencer, with a Mass at 10 a.m. in Our Lady of the Rosary Church, 7 Church St., Spencer. Burial will follow in Mary, Queen of the Rosary Cemetery with Military Honors. Calling hours are Tuesday, April 3 from 4 to 7 p.m. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Lupus Foundation of Mass., 40 Speen St., Framingham, Massachusetts 01701.

Johann, Richard C. "Dick"

Richard C. "Dick" Johann, 87, died at Greenwich Hospital on April 23, 2020 of coronavirus.  He was born April 10, 1932 to Otto G. and Anne C. Johann.  He was a lifelong resident of Greenwich and graduate of Greenwich High School.  He was a seaman in the US Navy during the Korean War, serving on the USS Darby.  After military service he was mentored by Theodore Greeff of Greenwich, later becoming the national sales manager and then succeeded Greeff as president of the luxury fabric company, Greeff Fabrics.  He served in that capacity for 20 years.  He then became president and chief operating officer of the British fabric company Osborne and Little.  He remained in that capacity for ten years, and then served as US managing director for the German luxury fabric company Zimmer & Rohde.  He retired at the age of 80 after 40 years in the industry.

Dick was a former co-owner of Hoagland’s of Greenwich, active in many civic and community activities in and around Greenwich, always willing to give of his time or resources. He is a proud and unabashed Catholic and a lifelong communicant at St. Marys Church. More importantly than his professional accomplishments, Dick most wished to be remembered for his love and devotion to all his family. Dick is survived by his loving and caring wife of 43 years, Barbara (McGrath) of Greenwich, his “rock;” his daughter Deborah (Kevin) Blanchette of Byfield, MA; daughter Susan (Richard) Coates of Katy, TX; son Richard (Jon) of Ft. Lauderdale, FL; seven grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren and many nieces and nephews and grand nieces and nephews. He is also survived by his brother and best friend, John “Jack” Johann and wife Jane of Victor, Montana. In addition to his parents, Dick was predeceased by his son, James J. “Jimmy” Johann; sister Betty Anne Marciniak; and sister Edwinna Dittmar. The family extends its deepest appreciation to the doctors, especially Dr. Marcus Mayus, nurses and staff at Greenwich Hospital for their care in this terrible pandemic. A memorial Mass in celebration of Dick’s wonderful life will be held at a later date when the world returns to normal.

Johansen, Walter

Walter Henry Johansen returned to his heavenly father on Tuesday, May 15, 2012.  Memorial services will be at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, May 19, at Gay & Ciha Funeral and Cremation Service in Iowa City with a time visitation one hour prior to the service.  Internment will take place following the service at Oakland Cemetery in Iowa City, IA.

Walter was born February 9, 1924, on the family farm in Lake Preston, South Dakota, to Henry and Ellen Augustsen Johansen.  During the Depression, the family lost their farm, and Walter traveled with his family to California.  His father passed away in California, leaving his mother with two young children.  She remarried and Walter was raised by his mother and stepfather, Martin Miller.  He graduated from Compton High School in California.

After graduation, he heard the call to defend home and country from the menace sweeping across Europe.  He fought bravely in Italy, earning a Bronze Star for valor.  He was discharged from service as a first lieutenant on June 4, 1946.

While attending California Polytechnic Institute, he reentered service to again fight with American forces in Korea.  At the conclusion of the war, he was again awarded a Bronze Star for valor, and entered the Reserves.  He retired from the Reserves as a captain in 1960.

He moved to Iowa City to attend the University of Iowa, obtaining a degree in civil engineering in 1955.  While there, he met Mary Lou Diddy Ringel, daughter of Carl and Cora Kringle, working at the University of Iowa president's office.  They were married on December 31, 1955.

They moved to Wood River, Illinois, where Walter served as the city engineer.  Later they moved to Champaign, where Walter worked for Clark, Daily and Dietz Engineers.  He completed his career as the vice president of Daily and Associates Engineering in Champaign.

Walter was a 32nd degree Mason, a past watchman of shepherds of White Shrine of Jerusalem, and a past worthy patron of Eastern Star.  He also sang in the Champaign Barbershop Chorus.  He did his political duty by serving a term on the Champaign County Board of Supervisors.  He was an active member of the Urbana First United Methodist Church.  He was a longtime volunteer at the Herbert Hoover Library in West Branch and the Iowa City Veterans Hospital.

Walter loved gardening at his house in the historic Longfellow School neighborhood.  He also loved doing carpentry work around his house, a skill he learned from his stepfather.  His final months were spent at Silvercrest Assisted Living in Davenport, Iowa, the city where his daughter lives.  He faced his struggle with cancer as bravely as he fought as a soldier.  His friendly attitude won him many friends.

He is survived by his wife, Mary Lou of Davenport, Iowa; a daughter, Patricia Johansen, pastor of Tuscola United Methodist Church, her husband, Mike Crawford, and children, Kara and Mark; a son, David Johansen, professor of trombone at Southeastern Louisiana University, his wife, Janiece Luedeke Johansen, and son, Ethan; and daughter, Christina Johansen Kasteel, Putnam Museum curator.  His legacy of his family, well-designed roads and bridges, and those whose lives he touched will live on.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library in West Branch.

Johnson, Albert August Jr.

Funeral services will be held Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 3:00 pm at Walters Funeral Home for Colonel Albert August Johnson, Jr., who passed away on November 16, 2013 at his home in Scott, Louisiana at the age of 90. Father Gary Schexnayder, pastor of St. Elizabeth Seton Chuch, will conduct the funeral services. Colonel Johnson will be honored and laid to rest during a military funeral with full honors at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia, on January 16, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. He was the beloved husband of Ruth Johnson for 18 years. He was preceded in death by his parents, Albert A. Johnson, Sr. and Augusta Chauvet Johnson. He was also preceded in death in 1991 by his beloved wife, Miriam Hession Johnson, after 45 years of marriage. He is survived by a sister, Rosalie Johnson Marcello. Loving father of Barbara Fleming (Steve), Betty Becker (John) and Barry Laiche (Michelle). He is the stepfather of Susan Didier (Mel Skip), Troy Simmons (Christine), Keith Simmons, and Marty Simmons (Simone). Grandfather of Darrell Laiche, Stephen Laiche, Cindy Schmidt, Leah Ladner, and Pam Fleming. Step grandfather of April Winningham, Mallory Simmons (Deceased), Sarah Simmons and Hannah Simmons. Great grandfather of Taylor Laiche, Brennen Albert Laiche, Barry Brody Laiche, Miriam Camille Laiche, Lauren Laiche, Parrish Laiche, Madison Laiche, William Schmidt, Brianna Smith, Brooke Roach, Bryce Roach and Trent Mihill. Step great grandfather of Corinne Winningham and Caleb Winningham. He loved spending time with his family and was also the most helpful and caring person to his entire family. Al was born and raised in New Orleans. He was very proud to be a career military officer in the United States Army, Transportation Corp. He joined the Army as a Private to serve in World War II and he attained the rank of Colonel during his 35 years of loyal military service. He spent his years in the military as a Master Army Aviator flying helicopters and held many command posts. He is a veteran of World War II, the Korean War and Vietnam. Al was awarded numerous military honors including the Silver Star, Legion of Merit, Bronze Star, Meritorious Service Medal, Air Medal with twelve Oak Leaf Clusters, Army Commendation Medal with two Oak Leaf Clusters, Purple Heart in 1944 and 1964, and many more.
After his retirement from the military, Al moved to Scott, Louisiana. He was employed by the City of Lafayette, Public Works Department as the Operations and Maintenance Manager for 14 years. He was recognized as Employee of the Year by the City of Lafayette for his outstanding service. Al loved recreational vehicles and he and his wife, Ruth, traveled to all the states in their RV and he was an active member of the Cruisin Cajuns RV Club. He was also very proud to be a life time member of the Washington Artillery of New Orleans, one of the oldest operating military units in the nation. The family requests that visitation be held Thursday afternoon, from 12:00 - 3:00 pm. Memorial contributions may be made in his name to Hospice of Acadiana, Inc., 2600 Johnston St., Suite 200, Lafayette, Louisiana 70503 and the Washington Artillery Veterans Association, P.O. Box 7584, Metairie, Louisiana. The family would like to recognize his wife, Ruth Johnson, for the outstanding care and devotion she showed in caring for her husband during his last years and enabling him to remain in the comfort of his home and to enjoy his lovely garden. A special thanks also to Dr. Ken McCarron and his nurse, Donna, for their exceptional medical care.

Johnson, Duane "Bud"

Duane “Bud” Johnson, 86, of Merrill, Iowa, passed away peacefully Wednesday, May 27, 2020, at a Sioux City hospital due to complications of the COVID-19 virus. Private family visitation will be held at Rohde Funeral Home in Kingsley, Iowa. Online condolences may be sent to Bud was born on November 27, 1933, in Quimby, Iowa, to Edwin and Hazel (Miller) Johnson. He attended Grand Meadow School, graduating in 1951. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean Conflict. Bud was proud of having served our country during that time. Throughout Bud's working career, he enjoyed his corn shelling and custom combining business as well as driving a truck. Bud loved his fishing trip every summer and returning home to host his fish fry for family and friends. He is survived by his long-time companion, Sharon; his children, Rod and Ruth Johnson, Ronnie and Melanie Johnson, Roberta “Bert” and Terry Slota, Ronda and Garry Bottjen, Randall and Emmy Johnson, Raynard “Scott” Johnson, Rachelle “Shelle” and Jeff VanRoekel, and Regina “Gina” and Dean Loutsch; his grandchildren, Kari Johnson and Kyle (Macy) Johnson, Michael (Sara) Mathews, Jesse (Andrea) Johnson, Erin (Jordan) Batazza, Allison (Ryan) Bohlke, Andrea Slota, Dustin Slota, Andrew Johnson, Tasha Johnson, Ben Anderson, Nathan (Sarah) Bottjen, Nicole (Christian) Christiansen, Ryan Bottjen, Michael (Ferl) Johnson, Mathew (Cassy) Johnson, Michelle Johnson, Lee (Jessica) Brownmiller, Natasha (Shane) Hauge, Makenzi (Sam) Bibb, and Miranda Loutsch; 17 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild. Bud was preceded in death by his parents; son, Robert John; granddaughter, Amber Marie; brother, Dean; and sisters, Kris, Ruth and Elaine.

Johnson, Eugene

SSGT. (Ret) Eugene “Gene” Johnson, US Army, 89, of Carlisle, gained his wings on Saturday, October 16, 2021. He was born on January 23, 1932, in Phillipsburg and was a son of the late Ruth (Askey) Johnson. Gene was the sibling of Jerome Johnson and Joan McTigue and was preceded in death by Betty Miller, Jim Johnson, Sr., Ruth Johnson and George Johnson.

Gene leaves behind his beloved wife of 66 years Bernadine C. (Moslak) Johnson, three children, Gary L. (wife, Sally) Johnson of Westerville, OH, Larry E. (wife, Kim) Johnson of Carlisle and Michelle Sims of Sacramento, CA, 6 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren who loved him dearly.

Gene served 20 years in the US Army. He was a P.O.W. in Korea for 33 months. Gene was a dedicated soldier and patriot and earned numerous honors including two Purple Hearts along with the Korean Service Medal and Vietnam Service Medal. He has gone to be with his Ex-POW buddies who meant so much to him. Gene’s passion was hunting and fishing with Gary and Larry. He was a member and past Commander of V.F.W. Post 477 in Carlisle. Gene was a member of St. Patrick Catholic Church, Carlisle. Following his retirement from the Army, Gene worked for Badger Northland and then Cummings & Bricker, both of Carlisle. And per Gene himself, as he said many, many times, “No B*** S**t”.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, October 22, 2021, in the St. Patrick Catholic Church, 85 Marsh Dr., Carlisle, PA 17015, with Rev. Don Bender as the officiant. A viewing will be held from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 21, 2021, at the Ewing Brothers Funeral Home, 630 S. Hanover St., Carlisle and where a Prayer Service will take place at 8:00 p.m. Burial will be at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, October 26, 2021, at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, Annville with military honors. Those wishing to attend the burial service on Tuesday will meet at the funeral home at 9:15 a.m. or at the cemetery at 10:15 a.m. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Tunnel to Towers or to St. Patrick Catholic Church, Carlisle.

Johnson, Leonard

SSGT. Leonard Johnson went to be with the Lord Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at the age of 89 years. He was born on January 14, 1931 in Mathews, Alabama to the late Gussie and Frank Johnson. At a young age Leonard joined the military serving our country in the US Army for 24 years. Leonard was a veteran of the Korean War and was awarded the Purple Heart. Shortly after his military retirement he was employed with the US Postal Service and then retired after 24 years. Leonard accepted the Lord, was baptized and a dedicated member of Mt. Gilead Baptist Church for many years. Leonard's enjoyment in life was spending time and helping raise his grandchildren, he always made sure his family was loved and taken care of. Family and friends would characterize Leonard as sometimes opinionated with his unique powerful voice, but he always had a kind and loving heart.. Everyone who knew him loved him and will surely miss him. Leonard was preceded in death by his parents, brothers: Booker T. Johnson, Alonzo Johnson, Enoch Perry, and Nehemiah Johnson; sisters: Alzena Kinney, Willie Ann Tisdale, and Amanda Butler. He leaves behind to cherish his memory, daughter Danielle Johnson of San Antonio, TX (from his second wife Lenora), granddaughter Corpsman Brianna Monique Matthews (Clarence) of San Antonio, TX , grandson Brian Michael Johnson of San Antonio, TX; brother Thomas Johnson (Elizabeth) of Sierra Vista, AZ, sisters Nell Watson of Sacramento, CA , Luella Wilson of San Antonio, TX and a host of nieces, nephews, relatives and friends. Visitation will be held Friday, November 13, 2020 at 10:00am with Funeral Service at 11:00am at Meadowlawn Funeral Chapel. Interment to follow at Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery with military honors.

Johnson, Melvin Victor

Melvin Victor Johnson, 83, of Rudyard, passed away peacefully at his home surrounded by family Tuesday, November 5, 2013. He was born April 5, 1930, to Victor and Lempi (nee Aho) Johnson in Sault Ste. Marie. He grew up in Sault Ste. Marie and Rudyard and was graduated from Rudyard High School in 1948.  He married Miriam Kauppi September 30, 1950, in El Paso, Texas. Mr. Johnson joined the United States Air Force and served his country during the Korean War. He was a member of the 19th bomber group, and 28th bomb squadron at Kedina Air Force Base in Okinawa, Japan. While he was staff sergeant, he flew 27 combat missions over Korea under the banner of the United Nations. Mr. Johnson was a licensed pilot, master woodworker, auto mechanic, and business owner. He worked for Soo Machine and Auto for a short time before becoming business owner of Rudyard Collision Service. He was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church in Kincheloe, and a life member of the VFW Post 4907 in Rudyard. He enjoyed being active in his community and riding his bicycle. He is survived by his wife; a son and his family, Wendell and Donna Johnson of Zephyrhills, Florida; two daughters and their families, Wanda and Don Erickson of Dafter, and Sandra and Paul Piirainen of Sault Ste. Marie; four grandchildren, Allan and Emily Veler, and Aina and Andrew Piirainen; and two great-grandchildren, Jayallan and Emma Schuch. He is further survived by two aunts and their families, Ruth and Charles Touple of Sault Ste. Marie and Mildred “Millie” Aho of Hessel; his cousins, Anita Johnson and Norma Leach, and several other cousins. He was preceded in death by his parents; two sisters, Martha “Marksie” Touple and Jeannie Johnson, and a son-in-law, Jay Veler. Visitation was Friday, November 8, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, November 9, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Reamer Galer Funeral Home in Pickford. Services were Saturday at 11 a.m. at the funeral home with Pastor Charles Burhop conducting the service. Interment will be in Oaklawn Chapel Gardens in Bruce Township with military honors Memorials may be directed to St. Paul Lutheran Church, 16811 South Water Tower Drive, Kincheloe, Michigan, 49788 or EUP Special Olympics, 305 West 19th Street, Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, 49783.

Johnson, Dr. Robert L. Sr.

Dr. Robert L. Johnson, Sr., known to many as Bob and Doc, was one of five children born to Joe and Catherine Chatman Johnson (who preceded him in death) on July 27, 1930 in Helena, Arkansas. He attended Helena schools and graduated from Eliza Miller High School where he was an All Star High School football player. His love of learning and football led him to attend Xavier University of New Orleans on a football scholarship where he met his soul-mate, Mercedes Sylvest, who would later become his wife and mother of their five daughters and one son.

In 1951, he was drafted in the U.S. Army, and served in one of the military’s first integrated companies at Ft. Bliss, Texas where he received guided missile training. He was later assigned to the 7th Infantry Division at Camp Carson, Colorado and was soon deployed to Korea. Because of his medical background he was quickly promoted from private to corporal and served as a combat medic. He earned many awards and honors for his service, including the Purple Heart until his discharge in 1953. That same year he began working for the Chicago Post Office. His diligence and determination literally led him “up the ladder” working as a clerk, timekeeper, supervisor and tour director of the entire 9th floor of Chicago’s Main Post Office. He received his Master of Science degree from the University of Chicago in 1954, and later his doctorate of Optometry degree from the Illinois College of Optometry in 1960.

In his final year at the Illinois College of Optometry, Dr. Johnson was required to participate in an external clinical site training where he would provide full eye care under the direction of a licensed optometrist. In 1959, there were only three practicing African American optometrists in the city of Chicago; and by the grace of God, Dr. Johnson forged a bond with Dr. Henry Moore, who had been in practice for several years. Plano Child Development Center was birthed from this relationship that has lasted more than 50 years. Dr. Moore was the intermediary that helped Dr. Johnson carry out his vision.

At an early age he was baptized at Mount Tabor M.B. Church of Helena, Arkansas where he sang with the choir. His faith journey continued while pursuing his education at Xavier University where he became a devoted member of St. Joseph M.B. Church, serving as a Sunday school and Bible class teacher. He has been a faithful member of Mount Calvary Baptist Church since 1963 and served for more than 20 years as Chairman of the Trustee Board until his death. With God’s guidance, the church mortgage and church bus were paid in full. Church tithing, offerings and savings greatly increased under his leadership. As a true servant of God, Dr. Johnson was a man of amazing vision and generosity. He always believed his favorite scripture, Proverbs 3:5-6, was the reason for his many accomplishments. As long as he lived, he continued to bless others as God had so richly blessed him.

A man of many firsts, in 1959, he co-founded Plano Child Development Center and as president of Plano, thousands of families have seen remarkable improvements in their children, in school achievement and behavior through low-cost and sometimes free vision health education, vision exams and vision therapy. Plano has the distinction of being the only not-for-profit African American service provider offering comprehensive vision therapy, testing and treatment intervention to patients in Chicago. As a pioneering force in optometry, Dr. Johnson organized an associate degree program for training of optometric technicians that graduated some of the first minority technicians in the field.

In the 1970s, he organized Vision Health Management Systems, Inc., a vision Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) in Chicago, Washington, DC, New Orleans and Atlanta, serving thousands of employees in city, county and state governments.

He was a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., the Optometric Extension Program (OEP), Illinois Optometric Association (IOA), American Optometric Association (AOA) and the National Optometric Association (NOA). Because of his expertise in the area of vision, he served as a consultant to the Woodlawn Experimental School Project; the Chicago Board of Education Area A School Mental Health Project to Advance Creativity in Education; consultant for “Project Healthy” which evaluated the effectiveness of the Headstart Program; consultant for the U.S. Postal services to establish vision standards of certain job categories; and was the first African American to receive a fellowship in the College of Vision Development (COVD). The passing of Dr. Robert L. Johnson will be felt by all who knew and loved him, especially his wife of 58 years, Mercedes; his children, Valerie (Norman, Sr.) Thomas; Stephanie (Perry) Brown; Carol, who preceded him in death (Larry, Sr.) Fitzgerald; Robert, Jr.; Kimberly (Byron) Henry; and Paula (Samuel II) Jones.

He also leaves ten grandchildren to mourn his passing; Larry, Jr., Crystal, Marcus, Samuel III, Robert, Candice, Norman, Jr., Jasmine, Gabriel and Kyle; and two great-grandchildren; Devin and Jaylen. His siblings, Joerean (husband, Walter, deceased) Mills; Samuel (wife, Susie, deceased) Johnson; Joe L. Johnson; and Doris Kennebrew, and many other relatives and special friends will continue to honor his memory. As we celebrate his life, we can all take a lesson from Dr. Johnson by striving to truly make a difference in the lives of others.

Interment Friday, December 10, 2010 Evergreen Cemetery, Mausoleum & Crematory (Section: Oakland, Part 1, Lot 192, Grave #8) 3401 West 87th Street Evergreen Park, Illinois 60805 Departure from Mount Calvary Baptist Church at 10:00 a.m. The family invites you to join them at the repast immediately following the interment. The repast will be held at the Mount Calvary Baptist Church Fellowship Hall. In lieu of flowers, please send donations to Plano Child Development Center, 5401 S. Wentworth Ave., Suite 14A, Chicago, IL 60609.

Johnson, Wayne Archer "Johnnie"

Wayne A. “Johnnie” Johnson of San Marcos, TX, passed away on Wednesday, June 1, 2011, at the age of 79. He was born on December 16, 1931, in Lima, OH, to Archer L. and Elizabeth T. (Kares) Johnson.

From July, 1950 to August, 1953 while being held a P.O.W. in Korea, at a great risk to his life, Johnnie compiled a list of over 500 P.O.W.s. While most died in prison camps, there was also the ‘Tiger Death March’ where they killed a man a mile for almost 100 miles. As a very young man he had the presence of mind to keep a record of the Heroes who died on the Death March and in the P.O.W. camps. When released after the Armistice, he smuggled his list home in a tube of toothpaste. The list of names known as “The Johnson List” can be seen on the internet. As a result of his actions, numerous families were able to have final closure as to what happened to their loved ones who were listed as MIA’s. “May the Lord bless him and may he rest in peace.”  He was a member of the VFW, American Legion, Ohio Military Hall of Fame and the Korean P.O.W.’s.

His father, Archer L. Johnson preceded him in death. He is survived by his mother, Elizabeth (Kares) Johnson of Lima, Ohio; two brothers, Roger Johnson, Sr. and wife, Carol of San Marcos, Texas, and Dean Johnson and wife, Debi of Lima, Ohio; a sister, Karen Thomas of Lima, Ohio; several aunts; as well as numerous nieces and nephews.

Graveside Services will be held at 10:30 a.m., Thursday, June 9, 2011, at Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery in San Antonio, Texas.

Jolley, Clifford Dale

Funeral services were held Monday in the Bountiful LDS North Canyon Stake Center for retired Lt. Col. Clifford Dale Jolley, the only Utah Air National Guard jet ace from the Korean War.

Mr. Jolley, 74, who was decorated with the Silver Star, the Purple Heart and several disting- uished flying crosses, died July 13, 1994, at his Bountiful home. He underwent two heart operations in 1994 and suffered a brain tumor earlier this year. A military flyover honored the airman during burial services at the Bountiful Cemetery.

A native of Cleveland, Mr. Jolley joined the Air Force in 1941, serving in World War II and Korea. He ended his tour of duty in Korea in October 1952 with seven confirmed downings and 13 probable downings of Soviet MiG fighters. He received the ace-qualifying fifth kill when he shot down a MiG-15 while on patrol over Sinuiju, North Korea, an area near the Yalu River known as "MiG Alley."

He downed his first enemy fighter planes during a three-month period that year, with one of the missions earning him the Silver Star. After shooting down one plane, the F-86 Sabrejet ace realized his wingman had disappeared. Although injured and his plane low on fuel, Jolley went on to search for the other American pilot, whose plane also had been hit by enemy fire. The two pilots ejected into the Yellow Sea. The wingman perished, but Jolley was picked up initially by the North Koreans, who released him after being confronted by an American helicopter crew.


Lieutenant Colonel Clifford Dale Jolley, Ret., passed away at home on July 13, 1995.

He was born May 4, 1921, in Cleveland, Ohio, to Walter Clairmont and Elsie Agnes Jolley. He married Mildred Pack on May 14, 1943. They were sealed together for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. Flying was one of his great joys. He flew in two wars to defend the freedoms of our nation, becoming Utah's only jet ace (Korean War). He was decorated with the Silver Star and several Distinguished Flying Crosses. His bravery and enthusiasm for flying continued to serve him as a test pilot until complications from his war injuries forced him to stop flying. Cliff was a uniquely creative and very talented architect.

He loved to golf. He loves the Lord Jesus Christ and always put the needs of others before his own. His kindness and sense of humor lightened the hearts of others until his very last moment on earth. He touched the lives of all he met. His circle of friends is great. He cherishes his wife and family. He will be missed very, very much.

He is survived by his wife of 52 years, Mildred; his children, Dale (and Shirlene) Jolley, Darrell Jolley, Renee (and Stan) Coon, Craig (and Dawnette) Jolley; 11 grandchildren; and his sister, Jeanette DePinto.

Funeral services will be held Monday, July 17, 1995, at 12 noon at the Bountiful North Canyon Stake Center, 965 East Oakwood Drive, Bountiful. Friends may call Sunday, July 16, from 6-8 p.m. at Russon Brothers Bountiful Mortuary, 295 North Main, and Monday at the church from 10:45 to 11:45 a.m. prior to services. Interment was at the Bountiful City Cemetery.

Jones, Barry Edward Sr.

Barry Edward Jones Sr. passed away at West LA Veterans Hospital on April 29, 2011 due to complications of lung disease. His son Barry Jr. and wife Beverly were at his side. Barry is survived by his wife, Beverly Austin, daughter Cynthia Merrick, sons Barry Jones Jr., Mark Jones, Gregory Zetzsche, seven grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.

Born in Pittsburg Pennsylvania July 19, 1932 to Alma and Roscoe Jones, Barry has two brothers Richard and Ronald and a sister Judy Jones Baba. He entered the Marine reserves in 1949 and in 1950 was sent to Korea where he survived the famous battle at the "Chosin Reservoir." This decisive battle is well known for the extreme cold, large number of casualties and small number of survivors who became known as the " Chosin Few."

Barry was a member of the Col. Wm. E. Barber MOH, Chapter #1, The Chosin Few, where he held many positions including the office of president for two terms. As a very proud Marine Barry was also a member of the VFW Post 2323, and the Marine Corps League. He joined the Mt. Lebanon Police Department while living in Pennsylvania and after moving to California served 32 years with the LA Sheriffs Department, the last 16 as a Homicide Detective.

Our Bear will be remembered for his smile, Marine camaraderie, sense of humor, story telling and love of country. Memorial services will be held at the Riverside Memorial Cemetery on August 11, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. followed by a celebration of life at the Granada Hills VFW.

Jones, Donald W.

Donald W. Jones of O'Fallon, Illinois, joined his Lord and Savior on Monday, May 31, 2021 in O'Fallon, Illinois, at St. Elizabeth's Hospital.  He spent his final days surrounded by his loving family and left this world on a perfect day to go out to the farm, with a high of 75 degrees and sunshine.  Don's life was bound by an unshakable, unwavering faith in God, bestowed upon him by his parents, Lewis and Nell Jones.  Lewis was a farmer and Nell, a homemaker and mother of nine, was one of the first women in the Methodist Episcopal Church to be granted an exhorter's license to speak in the church in 1930, a mere four months after Don's birth.  Between the services when he grew bored of the sermon and gave the man in front of him an occasion SNAP of suspenders, he absorbed the word of God.  He served in the church often throughout the years as a Sunday school teacher, deacon, and unsher.  In his family, he was also the de facto prayer leader at every gathering.

Growing up with his seven brothers and one older sister, he was present for much mischief, but was, conveniently, never the guilty party.  Rest assured, this includes the time when someone in the family closed bees up in flowers to listen to them buzz.  He was just watching.

The love of his life was his wife of over 67 years, Joan.  Whilst many mistook their shared birthday of May 18th for their anniversary, he married the love of his life, Joan, on October 17, 1953.  Much to the displeasure of his mother-in-law, Essie Heflin, the pair eloped.  All who knew them as a couple knew them to be the richest of families in love and in faith.

He was a veteran of the US Army, bravely serving in the Korean War where he dismantled land mines and was one of only two in his platoon to return, alongside William "Bill" Quayle.  Upon his return, he gave his firstborn son the only other survivor's first name, William (Randy).

After graduating with a Bachelor's degree (Greenville College) and Master's degree in Education (University of Illinois), he continued studying, falling only a dissertation short of a Doctorate of Education (Illinois State University).  He spent his life dedicated to cultivating the minds of every generation after him.  Starting first as a high school history teacher and boys' basketball coach, he continued on to become a principal, then superintendent.  He expected greatness, but only because he knew what those he taught were capable of.  He is remembered by the many students, teachers, staff members, and employees of the school districts across Illinois whom he served in St. Elmo, Kinmundy, Minonk, and Trenton, Illinois.  He retired as superintendent of Wesclin School District in 1991, leaving him open for more time with his grandchildren.

He loved spending time working with his hands.  He spent many years painting houses, gardening, and even laying wood floors for the love of the work, leaving a mark on both the ground and the hearts of those who met him.  Not even the catfish at his farm could resist his charms, coming up to the surface for feeding time the moment they heard his truck.  He was a lover of basketball and baseball. Though the Fighting Illini and St. Louis Cardinals in particular were his favorite teams, we in the family know his favorite player was his grandson, Kyle.  He loved crosswords, jigsaw puzzles, sharing the comic pages of the newspaper, listening to Rush on KMOX, peanut brittle, and ginger snaps.  Despite all of these, he loved his God and his family more.

He was preceded in death by parents Lewis and Nell Walker Jones, sister and brother-in-law Helen (Jack) Cox; brothers and sisters-in-law Harold (Phyllis) Jones, Kate Jones, Thelma Jones, Rev. Dwight (JoAnn) Jones and Bill (Mary Lee) Jones; nephew Ron Jones; niece Mary Jones Bushue.  Surviving are brothers Dean Jones, Cecil Jones, Richard (Mary Alice) Jones, and John (Lenora) Jones, sister-in-law, Janice Jones; wife of 67 years, Joan Robinson Jones; children Randy (Jean) and Brad (Chris) Jones and Lisa Guilliams; grandchildren, Kyle (Tiffany) Jones, Kayley (Matt) Wilhelm, Sydney and Kirsten Guilliams; great-grandchildren Abram, Nora, and Rowan Wilhelm and Isabella Jones.

Funeral services were held June 4, 2021 at Crouse Funeral Home inn Salem with his daughter, Lisa Guilliams officiating.  Burial was in Sandy Branch Cemetery in Kinmundy with military rites by the Salem American Legion.  Memorials can be made to the Sandy Branch Cemetery, T.W.I.G.S. or the First Baptist Church of O'Fallon.

Jones, James Harold

Retired Senior MSgt. James Harold Jones, 89, of Chapel Hill, Tennessee, died Monday, October 24, 2011 in Franklin.  A native of Bedford County, Harold was a son of the late Harvey Ransom and Annie Maude Hoover Jones.  Sergeant Jones retired from the U.S. Air Force after 23 years of service, during which he served in World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War.

During his service in the Korean War, his B-29 (44-61940) was shot down on Black Tuesday, October 23, 1951.  He spent 22 months as a prisoner of war in North Korea before being repatriated.

In addition to his parents, Mr. Jones was preceded in death by his wife, Margaret Laird Jones, who died in 1999; two sisters, Jeanette Fuller and Pearl Uselton; four brothers, Emmett, Richard, Edward and Arthur Jones; a grandchild, Sheila Pulsinelli; and a great grandchild, Haley Pulsinelli.

He is survived by three stepdaughters, Linda Prior of Columbus, Ohio, Marilyn McCormick of Limestone, Maine, and Nancy Kenney of Aiken, South Carolina; two sisters, Nannie Belle Orr of Franklin and Kathleen Holton of Chapel Hill; four grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.

Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m., Friday, October 28, at Lawrence Funeral Home.  Funeral services were conducted at 11 a.m., Saturday, October 29, from the chapel of Lawrence Funeral Home.  Burial with military honors followed at Swanson Cemetery in Chapel Hill.

Jones, John "Bob"

John “Bob” Jones passed away peacefully on April 29, 2020, after a brief battle with Covid19. He was 89 years old.  Born in Bristol, Pennsylvania, Bob was a resident of Levittown for most of his life, most recently Vermillion Hills, until moving to The Birches Care Center in Newtown, Pennsylvania in March of 2019. He was the beloved husband of Audrey “Midge” Jones (nee Carango) to whom he was married for 63 years. He is also survived by his son Robert A Jones (Liz) of Jackson, NJ, and his daughter Candy L Moyer (Bob) of Doylestown, PA. He was preceded in death by his son Donald W. Jones of Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania, who lost his life in the 9/11 World Trade Center attack. Bob is survived by his loving grandchildren Bob, Katie, Valerie and Kole Jones, Meg Jones and Jessica Philipbar, and Holly, Miranda and Bill Moyer. He is also survived by his brothers Jimmy Jones of Barnegat, New Jersey and Barry Jones of Levittown, Pennsylvania, daughters-in-law Dotty Jones of Langhorne, Pa and Susan Jones of Yardley, Pa, brother-in-law John (Bucky) Carango, Wesley Chapel, Florida and sister-in-law Mary Jane Halcomb, Mt. Laurel, New Jersey. He was preceded in death by siblings Bill, Jerry, Joseph (Doc), Betty Quick, Marge Jones, Jean Bux, Ginny Bux, and Judy Leyden. He will also be missed by many nieces and nephews.

Bob proudly served his country in the US Army, during the Korean War, and was a member of the American Legion Post 834. He worked at Pennsbury Schools (Medill Bair) for 25 years and was previously employed at Badenhausen Corporation. Bob spent many years coaching his children in softball, as well as playing in a senior men’s league. He enjoyed hanging out with his teams in Kasdon’s after many games. Bob enjoyed watching NASCAR races and was a big fan of Dale Earnhardt. He was also a huge fan of the New York Giants football team.

Bob’s family would like to thank the staff at The Birches of Newtown, Pa for their care and compassion over the last year. Burial will be private at Washington Crossing National Cemetery, Newtown, Pennsylvania. Due to restrictions, a memorial will be held at a later date. Memorial contributions can be made to Christ United Methodist Church, 501 Wistar Rd, Fairless Hills, Pa 19030.

Jones, Col. Robert Ellis

Col. (Ret.) Robert Ellis Jones, 90, Clarksville, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007, at his residence. Born 19 July 1917, in Montreal, Canada, Colonel Jones was commissioned in the United States Army as a 2nd Lt. Infantry, 22 May 1939. Jones served in Troop F, 111th Cavalry, NMNG, CCC, and 33 years active duty. Upon graduation from Parachute School 23 May 1942 and assignment to 502d PIR, he served in various assignments, to include participation in Normandy and Rhineland Campaigns WWII. Jones was wounded in Holland during Operation Market Garden while commanding "H" Company, 502d PIR, and returned to the US in February 1945 for hospitalization.

Colonel Jones was assigned to The Parachute School, Fort Benning, Ga., May 1945 to May 1948, then to 511th PIR, 11th Airborne Division, Camp Haugen, Japan. He was subsequently assigned to the 32d Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division in April 1949. Jones engaged in five offensive campaigns in Korea. He participated in the Inchon landing as Company Commander "C" Company, 32d Infantry. As a participant in the Chosin Reservoir attack in North Korea as S1 of the 1st Battalion, 32d Infantry, Jones led the remnants of that Battalion, himself, two other officers and 18 soldiers, out of Chosin Reservoir while attached to the 7th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division. He remained in Korea as Executive Officer and Battalion Commander until his return to the United States in June 1951.

Jones served as an Airborne Instructor at the Command and General Staff College 1951-1954, followed by a three year tour in Hawaii as a National Guard Advisor, G3 Staff Officer and as G5 US Army Pacific. His next assignments were with the 1st Airborne Battle Group, 327th Infantry 1957-1960, and as Executive Officer, Deputy Commander and Group Commander, Fort Campbell, Ky.

In 1960, Jones was assigned as an Infantry Unit Advisor to the Turkish Third Army. In 1961, he was selected to attend the US Army War College; upon completion he was assigned to Special Warfare Directorate, Office of the Chief of Staff for Operations, Department of the Army at the Pentagon 1962-1964, then to the Joints Chiefs of Staff J3, actively engaged in planning and operations of the Vietnam Conflict. Initially assigned to USAEUR Heidelberg In August 1966, Jones assumed command of the 10th Special Forces Group (ABN) Bad Toelz, Germany. Upon return of the Group to the US in September 1968, he traveled to Vietnam to serve as Deputy Director, Phoenix Directorate, COORDS, HQ MACV until June 3, 1970. He then departed to be Chief of Staff and Deputy Installation Commander, Fort Lewis, Wash.

Colonel Jones received his Bachelor of Science degree from New Mexico A&M College in 1939, with Post Graduate work at the University of Texas. In 1965, he received a Master of Arts degree in International Affairs from George Washington University.

Colonel Jones' awards and decorations include: Distinguished Service Cross, Silver Star, Legion of Merit with two clusters, Bronze Star with cluster, Joint Service Commendation Medal with two clusters, Purple Heart with cluster, Army Commendation Medal with Metal Pendant, Presidential Unit Citation (Army), Presidential Unit Citation 1st and 2d Awards (Navy), Belgian Fourraguere, French Croix De Guerre with Palm, Netherlands Orange Lanyard, Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation, Vietnamese Police Medal of Honor 1st Class, Vietnamese Rural Revolutionary Development Medal, and various other Service Medals. He received the Combat Infantry Badge with Star, the Master Parachute Badge and a Glider Badge. Jones was awarded the Departments of Army General Staff Identification and Joint Chiefs of Staff Identification Badges.

After retirement from active duty in 1973, Colonel Jones resided in Clarksville, where he continued his public service through many military and community pursuits. He was granted and assigned the distinction of being the original Honorary Colonel of the 502nd Infantry Regiment, a Distinguished Member of the 502nd Infantry Regiment and a Distinguished Member of the 327th Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division.

Jones was past President and Chairman of the Board for the 101st Airborne Division Association; Chairman of the Board for the 32d Infantry Regimental Association; and a Member of The Chosin Few, survivors of the Chosin Reservoir action. In 1997, a building at Fort Drum, N.Y. was named for Colonel Jones by the 1st Battalion, 32d Infantry Regiment to recognize his leadership in bringing the Battalion’s last remnants out of Chosin Reservoir.

Colonel Jones was named by Rotary International as a Paul Harris Fellow. He was a past Worthy Patron of Eastern Star; 32d Degree Mason for more than 50 years, a Sojourner and a Knights Templar. Jones was named by the 101st Airborne Division Association as The Airborne Man of the Year when he was president of the Association. He received the ultimate honor of being named The Airborne Man of the Year from The Static Line, an organization of all airborne associations comprising many tens of thousands of warriors.

Colonel Jones was a co-incorporator and Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Fort Campbell Historical Foundation, which is building the Wings of Liberty Military Museum at Fort Campbell.

Robert (Bob) Jones is survived by his daughter, Reta Nicholson and husband Donald of Columbia, Mo.; stepson, William N. Weems and companion Linda Bowles of Clarksville; sister, Elisabeth Oakberg of Oak Ridge; brother, Raymond Peterson of Sequim, Wash.; sister-in-law, Opal Edmundson of Clarksville; sister-in-law, Lois Atchison and sister-in-law, Ruby Grayson and her husband Lloyd, all of Poynor, Texas.

Also surviving are grandchildren, James R. Robinson of Columbia, Mo., and Karen Robinson Rivera and husband Greg, of Leavenworth, Kan.; step-grandchildren, Sonya Nicholson and husband, David Adams, and Kurtis Nicholson of Columbia, Mo. Great-grandchildren surviving are Laura Talbert, husband Alonzo and their children Jonathan, Erin, Sydney and Andrew of Camp LeJeune, N.C.; Sarah Robinson and husband Scotty Kunefke and daughter Hattie of Kansas City, Mo.; Austin Robinson and Lauren Robinson of Merriam, Kan.; and Isaac Adams of Columbia, Mo., Greg and Chad Rivera of Leavenworth, Kan. Additional survivors include many loving nieces, nephews, their spouses and children in Texas, Tennessee and Washington, plus many friends and their families locally and across the world. A very special survivor is Bob’s longtime companion, Alice Goodrich of Clarksville. Her family became his loving family as well.

Bob was preceded in death by wife, Dorothy Milner Jones of Poynor, Texas in 1957, wife, Martha Edmundson Weems Jones of Clarksville in 1987; sisters, Reta Johnston, Muriel Sipe and Lois Piazza, and brother, Jack Peterson, all of California.

A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday, at 502nd Chapel, Fort Campbell. A second service will be held on Friday, Sept 28, 2007 at Hilldale Church of Christ at 11 a.m. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 27, 2007 at Neal-Tarpley Funeral Home and from 10 a.m. until the hour of service Friday, Sept. 28, 2007 at Hilldale Church of Christ. The remains are to be cremated. A masonic service will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 27, 2007 at Neal-Tarpley Chapel.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials be made to FCHF-Wings of Liberty Military Museum, P.O. Box 2133, Fort Campbell, KY 42223.

Jones, Roy C.

Marine Down:  F/2/7 Marine veteran and member of the Chosin Few, Roy Jones died May 30, 2005, in Jacksonville, FL.

Jones, Wilson Edward Sr.

Wilson E. Jones, Sr., 84, Harrisonville, Missouri, died Friday, April 13, 2018 at his home in Harrisonville. Funeral services were held Thursday, April 19, 2018 at the Atkinson Funeral Home in Harrisonville with burial in Freeman Cemetery.

Wilson was born October 15, 1933 on the family farm near Freeman, Missouri, a son of Vernie (Vern) Richard and Iris (Moul) Jones. Wilson was a lifelong Harrisonville area resident. He attended Hickory Grove Rural School #85, Bybee Rural School #89, and was a 1952 graduate of Harrisonville High School. Wilson enlisted in the Army in 1953, and served overseas for 14 months during the Korean War.

After his discharge from the Army, Wilson worked in the maintenance department at Solo Cup in Grandview, Missouri. While working at Solo Cup, Wilson met his future wife, Betty Coons. They were united in marriage on February 28, 1958 in Kansas City, Missouri. Wilson farmed and worked as a road grader operator for Grand River Township, (Cass County, Missouri). In 1968, he started working for the Harrisonville Street Department and retired as Street Department Superintendent in 1998.

Wilson was an Elder at the Community Of Christ Church in Harrisonville, served as Scout Master for Boy Scout Troop 240 in Harrisonville for seven years, and was an Honorary Warrior, Tribe Of Mic-O-Say. He was an active bee keeper for many years, and sold his honey under the name of Jones Bee Farm Honey. Wilson is survived by his wife, Betty Jones, of the home; a son, Wilson E. Jones, Jr. (Dawn), Buckner, Missouri; three daughters, Karen Zimmerman (Barry), De Soto, Kansas, Donna Fletcher (John), Rose Hill, Kansas, and Debra Whistle (Michael), Pleasant Hill, Missouri; a brother, Robert Jones (Barb), Freeman, Missouri; two sisters, Iva Parris, Harrisonville, and Glenna Stackhouse, Archie, Missouri; ten grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.

Jordan, Lewis

Cochran Funeral Home of Blairsville announces the death of Mr. Lewis Jordan, age 80, of Blairsville, who passed away early Wednesday morning, March 14, 2012, at his home.

Lewis was a lifelong resident of Union County, and was born on Friday, February 5, 1932, a son of the late Roy Jordan and the late Nettie Plott Jordan. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, and served during the Korean War from 1952- 1954. Lewis was honorably discharged from the Army in 1954 and earned the Combat Infantry Badge, United Nations Service Medal, Korean Service Medal, Good Conduct Medal and on the 50th anniversary of the Korean War He received a letter of appreciation from Kim Dae-Jung, president of the Republic of Korea, and a new Korean Service Medal.

Lewis was well-known in Blairsville. he loved life and was an avid hunter, loved fishing, camping, and time spent with friends. He was a masonry contractor, building with rock, brick, and block. He was an active member of First Baptist Church of Blairsville where he faithfully served as Usher for over 20 years. He was also a member of the Boaz Sunday School Class and served on the building and grounds committee including the committee for the new sanctuary.

Besides his parents, he was preceded in death by three sisters, Irene Harris, Betty Harris, and Bennie Thomas, and a brother, Tom Jordan.

Lewis will be missed by all who knew him, but especially his loving family: wife, Joyce Richey Wheeler Jordan, of Blairsville; son and daughter-in-law, Kenneth and Vernice Jordan, of Blairsville; daughter and son-in-law, Vickie and Terry Gibson, of Hiawassee; step-sons, Michael Wheeler, of Nashville, Tennessee; and Stephen Wheeler, of Marietta, Georgia. several grandchildren and great grandchildren also survive.

Funeral services for Lewis have been scheduled for Friday, March 16, 2012, at 1:00 p.m., in the Rock Chapel of First Baptist Church of Blairsville, with Dr. Fred Lodge, and Rev. Danny Parris officiating. Graveside services will be held at Union Memory Gardens Cemetery, and officiated by Rev. Roy Bateman, and military honors will be presented by North Georgia Honor Guard. Specially selected music will be presented by Minister of Music R. Terry Hooper. The following gentlemen have been selected to serve as pallbearers: Spencer Lewis, Neal Moon, C.W. Johnson, Fred Roberts, Charles Jenkins, and Jim Stewart. The family will meet with friends on Friday before the service at the Rock Chapel, between the hours of 11:00 until 12:30.

In lieu of flowers the family suggests memorial contributions may be made to First Baptist Church of Blairsville, or to United Hospice of Blue Ridge.

Juergens, Billy L.

Billy L. Juergens, 90, of Belleville, Illinois, born May 26, 1932, in Maries County, Missouri, died Monday, September 12, 2022, at St. Elizabeth's Hospital, O'Fallon, Illinois.

Billy worked in logistics management for helicopters and retired from the U.S. Army Aviation Systems Command, St. Louis, MO. After retirement, he worked for Dyncorp and Cobro as a defense contractor.

Billy was a member of Union United Methodist Church, Belleville. He had been active in many organizations including the American Legion Swansea Post #2007, a former 40-year member of Belleville American Legion Post #58, St. Clair-Monroe County Voiture #926 of the 40 and 8, VFW Post #805 of O'Fallon, the Shiloh Eagles, the National Association of Retired Federal Employees Chapter # 1019, and the Korean War Veterans Association Imjin Chapter #95 of Swansea. He was proud to have traveled to all 50 States of America.

Billy served four years in the U.S. Air Force during the Korean War, which consisted of one overseas tour in Germany. He spent four years serving for the Air Force Reserves 73rd Troop Carrier Squadron at Scott Air Force Base.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Clemons and Mabel, nee Dodds, Juergens; and a brother, Paul Juergens. He is survived by his wife of 63 years, Mary Joan Skaggs Juergens, whom he married June 27, 1959; two daughters, Kay (Paul) Miskell, and Lori (Robert) Anderton; and a granddaughter, Emma Anderton.

Memorials may be made to Union United Methodist Church Building Fund or the American Legion Post # 298, Dixon, MO. Condolences may be expressed to the family online at Visitation: Friends may visit from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Friday, September 16, 2022, at Union United Methodist Church, Belleville. Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, September 16, 2022, at Union United Methodist Church, Belleville, with Rev. Harvey Gaither and Rev. Dr. Joseph Scheets officiating. Burial with military honors will be at Dixon City Cemetery, Dixon, Missouri.

Close this window

© 2002-2016 Korean War Educator. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use of material is prohibited.

- Contact Webmaster with questions or comments related to web site layout.
- Contact Lynnita for Korean War questions or similar informational issues.
- Website address:

Hit Counter